Energy Lancaster Symposium on Nuclear Non-Proliferation
Wednesday 14 July 2010, 1015-1500
Seminar Room 1, Engineering Building
To mark the official opening of the Lloyd's Register Educational Trust Nuclear Engineering Laboratory in the Engineering Department, Energy Lancaster is hosting a one day symposium "The Nuclear Renaissance and its implications for Nuclear Non-Proliferation".
Confirmed external speakers include:
- Dame Sue Ion (Royal Academy of Engineering)
- Professor Richard Clegg (The National Nuclear Centre of Excellence)
- Dr Robin Taylor (The National Nuclear Laboratory)
- Dr Kevin Hesketh (The National Nuclear Laboratory)
- Dr Neil Smart (Radioactive Waste Management Directorate, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority)
The symposium will be held in the Masters Training Suite, Engineering Department on Wednesday 14 July, starting at 10:15 (for coffee) and will close at 3 pm. A full programme can be found at http://www.engineering.lancs.ac.uk/docs/LRET_Symposium_programme.pdf.
If you would like to attend this event, please contact Claire Duff by noon, Monday 12 July.
Energy Lancaster: Thermo-Photovoltaics for Reduced Carbon Emissions
Also on the 14th July in the conference centre, Professor Tony Krier of the Department of Physics will be hosting a TSB event on the development of thermo-photovoltaics - devices that can turn heat directly into electricity. If you would like to learn more about thermo-photovoltaics, please feel free to drop by the conference centre for lunch at 1 pm that day.